Monday, June 26, 2017

Kari Dagsland Intro

     I'm at LB to get an associates of science to transfer to OSU. I'm there to garner a degree in English in order to diversify my employment options. My family and friends have thus far speculated at my future abilities to make a decent living with this type of degree in an increasingly tech-y type of world. I've worked in the service industry with people who have school debts that are larger than some peoples mortgages, still waiting tables with expensive educations and I also must speculate, why? But, I'm here nonetheless, to expand my repertoire and bag of tricks and hopefully snag a job in a field that makes sense to me. Writing and communicating through words makes sense.
     My interests are rather pedestrian and somewhat hermetic. I enjoy reading a bunch, some writing, and most of all I love riding my bike in a swimsuit when it's crazy hot outside. I'm growing comfortably into the "eccentric lady about town" role. I'm interested in learning more about journalism and media conformity and the gamut of things information.  The main role of journalist now has shifted from paper media, to little dots of ones and zeros.  I am, as spoken previously, not incredibly tech savvy, but wish to learn through the process of forced indoctrination.  I believe media itself is invaluable, especially in a world where so much of it is false.  We need coherent, yet honest reporting, if only to upset the status quo.

1 comment: